Who Are We?
Trillium Mutual Insurance is an organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day! What sets us apart from other organizations? Our corporate culture is professional and respectful, yet friendly. We offer a work environment that champions innovation and creativity, energy and passion. We are committed to providing a rewards package that includes competitive compensation, work/life balance, flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities, on-the-job training and the chance to make a difference working for a forward-thinking insurance industry leader in a niche market.
We are currently looking for a Claims Representative. Reporting to the Manager of Claims, as a vital member of the dynamic Claims Team, this position will be responsible for assessing and settling assigned claims in a fair and efficient manner.
What Will You Be Doing?
• Adjustment of simple and complex residential, commercial and agricultural property and casualty claims.
• Evaluating claims by conducting thorough investigations; determining coverage and validity of claims, interviewing and communicating with insured, claimants and witnesses; scene investigations.
• Quantification of claims by documenting scope of damages, extent of injury and associated expenses.
• Maintaining accurate records based on company standards and procedures
• Conduct field investigations as required for exposure and within account guidelines parameters
• Identify liability exposures, recommend investigation required for exposure, and prepare & execute action plans.
• Assess exposures, recommending and maintaining proper reserves
• Accurately and efficiently manage the all file payments, within specified timelines
• Preparing reports and negotiating settlements.
• Effectively identify and pursue subrogation.
• Effectively communicate with insured members and broker partners throughout the claims process
• Provide consistently high level of service to insureds and brokers
• Keep current on industry trends, relevant legislation, and best practices